Monday, August 3, 2015

Day 3



Yep. This is where we started. After passing 742 cornfields, 6,312 giant round bales of hay, too many RV's to count, and an awful lot of signs advertising for dentures (apparently no one has real teeth here.) or "Adult Book Stores" (Is there really nothing else to do here?), we finally got to Tulsa, Oklahoma.  While driving down a short stretch of Route 66, we spotted this handsome guy at a gas station called Kong's Korner in Foyil, OK.  Of course I had to have my picture taken with him.  




Soon afterwards we passed an exit for a town I'd like to visit someday.  Maybe they knew I was coming.  




Tonight we're staying just outside of Oklahoma City at a motel that has turned out to be a little bit seedier than it appeared on the website.  Oh well, I've met lots of other dogs here on the somewhat small patch of grass they've got.  They tell me that after tonight, I only have to spend one more night on the road and I'll be home, wherever that is.  I can't wait to tell Jazzy about the places I've been.  Signing off until tomorrow,  Kelly.




1 comment:

  1. Great to "ketchup" with the three of you! I seem to remember that Pat taught Math, but you're certainly great with creative writing, too,on the store blog and now
    Your pretty card/note greeted me when I returned to my apartment on Sunday. Thank you ☺

    ReplyDelete