Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Day 4

Kelly here.  I'm back and boy am I tired!  I had a busy day.  We drove a little bit of Route 66, but we were too close to the highway and it didn't have the right flavor.  Maybe another road trip in the future? As we drove through Amarillo, TX, there were signs that you could get a 72oz steak for free if you could eat it in an hour.  I wanted to try but they told me I wouldn't be allowed in.  I thought it was against he law to deny someone admittance based on the number of paws they have.  




Right past Amarillo, we stopped at the Cadillac Ranch.  Some eccentric old guy planted 10 Cadillacs front-down in the mud and people flock to see them and spray paint them with graffiti.  We didn't know about the paint part and didn't come prepared.





The next picture I took for Sydnie.  I thought she'd get a kick out of it.  This place wasn't far from the Quarter Horse Hall of Fame and Museum.




We passed an exit today for the town of Hereford, but they said it would take us too far out of our way to go there.  😕

All in all, although it was a hot day, it was a good day (other than the little burrs I got stuck in my fur at a New Mexico rest area).  We're staying in Albuquerque tonight and I'm really getting good at this "ride all day then collapse in a motel" routine.  We have a long way to go tomorrow, but at the end of it I'll be home!

Oh, and I want to thank my Great Aunt Bertha and her friends for purchasing that giant catsup bottle for me.  It will look so nice in front of our house and I know Mom and Dad will love it.










1 comment:

  1. So there really is a great Aunt Bertha in your family, too!

    ReplyDelete