Thursday, August 6, 2015

I Made It!



Yesterday was a really busy day and I didn't get a chance to post anything to the blog, but I've made it to Arizona.  But I'm getting ahead of myself so let's start at the beginning.  We left Albuquerque bright and early and headed for Arizona.  We stopped at Petrified Forest National Park so I could see some really old trees.




We drove through the Painted Desert and Sharon and Pat claimed that it was beautiful but I got tired of jumping up and down every time they stopped at an overlook.






From there we went through the Petrified Forest portion of the park.  Here I am next to a petrified log. It's hard to tell who was more petrified, it or me, because of the three large Ravens stalking me.






There were even petroglyphs on some of the rocks. This rock was called Newspaper Rock, and I'm glad they used pictures to communicate rather than words because I can't read.




                                                        Petrified Wood

After we left the park and headed for Goodyear, we made one more stop.  For anyone who's familiar with the Eagles' song "Take it Easy," this one's for you.  "Standing on a corner .........."




We finally reached Goodyear and there was a joyous reunion.  I was so surprised to see Mom and Dad step out of this house I'd never seen before, and I almost turned myself inside out.  Then they let Jazzy out and we both went crazy.  She was actually happy to see me and they said she'd missed me.




All in all, it was a wonderful trip.  Sharon and Pat said they wouldn't hesitate to do it again, but I really hope I don't have to.  I'm tired now but I'm happy to be here and this place smells like home.

Sharon and Pat are going to stay and visit for a few days and then they're heading off to Utah and Colorado to see the sights.  If anybody's interested in seeing some of their pictures and reading about their adventures, you can go on THEIR blog and read all about it.  The address is    patandsharon.blogspot.com.     There won't be anything there for a few days, but keep checking back.  Also, don't be surprised if Mom and Dad put things on the blog occasionally because I showed them how.  I want to make sure my picture is out there and I'm not forgotten.  For now though, I'll say goodbye and settle in here.     Kelly over and out.














2 comments:

  1. Glad you made it, Kelly. Thanks for keeping an eye on Sharon and Pat, too. Will miss you when I start reading their blog. Have fun in your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are all safely arrived at your destination. Loved all of the photos of places I have never seen. Thank you so much for sharing. Hope Sue andGreg are also settling in. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete