Saturday, August 1, 2015

The Journey Begins

Day 1:   This is Kelly, and I have begun my journey west.  We left from Simsbury this morning, Saturday August 1, and after driving across CT, NY, and PA (and a little bit of WV) we've crossed into Ohio just west of Wheeling, West Virginia, into a town called St. Clairsville. 


I didn't find today terribly exciting.  I either sat on somebody's lap or slept on the back seat in my bed all day.  When we weren't moving, we were parked by signs that said "Pet Area".  I got out quite a few times but there were so many enticing smells and there just wasn't enough time to investigate.  There were also a lot of dogs everywhere I went but even though I cried every time I saw a dog, none of them wanted to play with me.  I did get to touch noses with a couple though and that was fun. (Almost as much fun as sniffing the butts of two plastic flamingos in Sharon and Pat's neighborhood, but that's another story.)  Tonight I'm sleeping in a big bed in a motel - another new experience for me.  They tell me tomorrow is going to be pretty much like today, but there are always new smells around every turn. For now I'm going to bed and I've put in for an early wake-up call.





1 comment:

  1. Glad you got off OK even though Kelly wasn’t too excited. ..lots of driving

    ReplyDelete